Our navigation header was packed-full of links (and let’s be honest, looked a little stale). We’ve elected a new, fresher, nav header:
What you need to know
- We’ve emphasized the primary pieces of Scout (servers, applications, charts, and dashboards). The less-accessed config-related bits are inside a pulldown in the upper right (people, notifications, billing, etc).
- Hotkeys plus keyboard navigation is the best way to play. Each of the primary areas has an associated pulldown. Reveal each pulldown with a hotkey (the underlined letter in the nav). For example, hit the “s” key to reveal the servers pulldown. Once the pulldown is open, use your up/down keys + enter to navigate.
- We’ve dropped the recently accessed server tabs. These frequently created confusion: how the initial set of tabs was chosen, how they reacted when a new server was picked that shuffled a previously accessed tab off the list, etc. Using the “s” hotkey is the fastest way to travel to your servers within Scout.
The hotkeys for each pulldown (the first letter of each word):
- s – Servers
- a – Applications
- c – Charts
- d – Dashboards
Once a pulldown is open:
- up/down arrow keys – navigate through the list of items
- enter – show the current item
- esc – close the pulldown
If you see any issues, let us know!