Rails + MySQL Monitoring Enhancements
Before today, 75% of the emails sent by Scout were from two plugins: Rails Monitoring and MySQL Slow Queries. Previously, we generated an alert anytime a slow transaction occurred. These emails added too much noise to your inbox – they were viewed 5x less frequently than emails from triggers.
We’ve made the process for reviewing slow transactions more efficient:
- No more emails for individual slow requests
- The Rails and MySQL Slow Queries plugins now show recent slow transactions
Here’s an example with the Rails Monitoring Plugin:
Don’t fret – you’ll still be notified when performance is degrading. Both the Rails Monitoring and MySQL Slow Queries plugins have trend triggers that check if the request length/slow query rate increase dramatically. Like with any Scout plugin, you’re free to adjust the thresholds of these triggers.
- A redesigned dashboard & server groups
- Scout for the iPhone: BirdDog
- Charts: Now much faster
- Cloud Monitoring in one line of code